Lumber is headquartered in California, United States. You can learn more about us and about our products and services by visiting our website.
Scope of this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement covers the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information we gather from you or that you provide to us while interacting with Lumber or using our Services. It applies when you access our Website, or use our application on Devices, APIs, and third-party platforms.
Information We Collect
The personal information we collect falls into the following categories:
Information you provide voluntarily
When using certain parts of our Website or Lumber Service, we may ask you to provide specific information voluntarily.
This may include:
- Identification information, such as your name, company, and job title
- Contact information, such as your phone number, email address, and home and/or business postal addresses
- Log-in credentials, such as your username and password for accessing the Lumber Platform
- Demographic Data, such as age, gender, and similar details, may be collected when you register or participate in surveys
- Payment Information, such as your bank account number, credit card number, and billing address
- Support data, such as feedback or information about technical issues you've reported
- Marketing information, such as your marketing preferences
- Communication data, including information you provide in enquiries or other communications
- Information you enter in any 'free text' boxes in our forms or blogs
Information we collect automatically
As is common with online services, we automatically collect certain information from your computer or device to provide and improve our Services, ensure their security, and promote them.
- Cookies data: We gather information through cookies and other tracking technologies, such as your device's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, web pages visited before and after accessing our Website, search queries, locale preferences, and device identification numbers.
- Location data: We may determine your general location based on your IP address.
- Activity data: Information about how you use and interact with our website, platform, and services, such as content viewed or downloaded and actions taken, along with the time and duration of your activities.
Information we obtain from third-party sources
On occasion, we may receive personal information about you from third-party sources. We ensure these sources have the legal authority to share your information with us, and this data may include:
- Data Supplementation: Additional demographic information, such as company, job title, or business contact details, may be obtained from publicly available databases or third-party providers like lead generation or business intelligence platforms. We combine this data with information we already have to enhance the accuracy and relevance of our records and send you information about products and services that may interest you based on your marketing preferences.
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information about you for the following purposes:
- Providing services to you: We use personal information to provide our services through mediums such as web and mobile applications to you. We may also use personal information to improve our services. This is based on our legitimate interests in administering the Lumber Service. If you are a Lumber User, we may share your location data with your organization if your organization has asked for it. Please note that the user can always disable the permission to access the location data which means that the user always has control over sharing the location information. This location data is shared only when worker is clocked in at work site. Companies admin has access to this data to find out worker location during work hours. This is required to ensure actual work or in case of any incident on site.
- Sending promotional and marketing information to you: If you are an administrator of a Client account, we may send you marketing communications about Lumber and our other services. This will be based on your marketing preferences and our legitimate interests in expanding our customer base and promoting our services, or with your consent if required.
- Sending technical notices, updates, security alerts, and other administrative messages: If you are a Lumber User, we may use your personal information to send you administrative messages concerning the Lumber platform or Lumber Services, including security and operational matters that impact multiple Clients or Lumber Users. This is based on our legitimate interests in administering the Lumber Service.
- Providing technical and customer support: If you are a Lumber User, we use personal information to troubleshoot and address problems, and offer customer care and support services. This helps us improve and secure the quality of our products, services, and training and investigate security incidents, based on our legitimate interests.
- Responding to questions, requests, and feedback: If you contact us through a web form or other means, we use your personal information to address your queries and communicate with you, based on our legitimate interests in fulfilling your requests.
- Managing events: We use personal information to plan and host events or webinars for which you have registered or are attending, sending related communications based on our legitimate interests in administering and promoting the event, or with your consent where required.
- Detecting and preventing fraud and abuse: We process personal information to maintain the security of our Services, verify accounts and activity, investigate suspicious activity, and enforce our terms and policies. This is based on our legitimate interest in promoting the safety and security of the Services, systems, and applications, and protecting our rights and the rights of others.
- Complying with legal obligations: We process your personal information when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts, or regulators in compliance with our legal obligations under applicable laws. This includes protecting our rights, responding to lawful requests, and ensuring the security and integrity of our websites.
We will use personal information collected for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Statement or for other compatible purposes where permitted by applicable data protection laws.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- Vendors, service providers, and partners: We engage trusted third-party vendors, service providers, and partners who process data on our behalf. These services include data storage, maintenance, database management, web analytics, payment processing, and improving the Service’s features. Such third parties only process information as described in this Privacy Statement or as notified to you when we collect your information.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement Requests; Protection of Lumber's Rights: We may disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, courts, or other third parties, such as to comply with a law, regulation, or legal request, protect the safety of individuals, prevent fraud or abuse, or safeguard Lumber's rights. If required to provide data stored in your Lumber account to law enforcement, we will remove Lumber's encryption from the information before sharing it. However, please note that Lumber will not be able to decrypt any data you encrypted before uploading it to Lumber.
- Business Transfers: In the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or part of our assets, we may transfer your information to potential or actual buyers, subject to informing the buyer of the necessary restrictions regarding the use of your personal information.
- Consent: We may share your information with others when you have given your consent for such disclosure.
International Data Transfers
As Lumber is based in the US and has service providers located in the US and other countries, your personal information may be transferred to and processed in countries other than your own. These countries may have different data protection laws, which may be less protective than those in your country.
However, we take appropriate safeguards to ensure your information remains protected in accordance with this Privacy Statement and applicable data protection laws. If you are located in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom, or Switzerland, these safeguards may include transferring your information to a country that relevant authorities have deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information or implementing standard contractual clauses with our customers, third-party service providers, and partners.
Data Protection Rights
You have certain rights regarding your personal information under applicable data protection laws. These rights include:
- Access and control: You may access and control the personal information we process about you. You can review, update, correct, or delete specific personal information provided in your registration or account profile by changing your account settings.
- Account closure: If you no longer wish to use our Lumber Service or Lumber Platform, you may delete your account by making the change in your account settings. However, in some cases, we may need to retain certain information as required by law or if removing it is not technically feasible.
- Direct marketing opt-out: You have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications, including our newsletter, at any time. You can unsubscribe or opt-out by clicking the provided link in marketing communications, accessing email preferences in your account settings, or contacting us at support@Lumber.io.
- Privacy rights: Depending on your location and applicable data protection laws, you may also have the right to request access, rectification, deletion, portability, and restriction of processing of your personal information. Additionally, if we process your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
To exercise your data protection rights or for any privacy-related inquiries, please contact us at support@Lumberfi.com or using the details provided below. We may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
Additional Information for California
If you are a California resident and the processing of your personal information is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), the following information also applies to you:
Categories of information we collect
In the past 12 months, we have collected personal information, including Identifiers (such as name, email address, and cookies), Business records, Demographic information, Commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, Geolocation data, Audio, video, and other electronic data, and Professional or employment-related information, among others.
- How we use your information: We use your personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
- Disclosure of your personal information: We may share your personal information with vendors, service providers, and partners, as well as comply with legal obligations and protect Lumber's rights.
- Right to know and request deletion: You have the right to request access to and deletion of your personal information.
- Right to opt-out of sales: You have the right to opt-out from the sale of your personal information.
- Right to be free from discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
For more information regarding data rights requests, please refer to the "Contacting Us" section below.
We retain personal data about Lumber Users as long as there is a legitimate business purpose to do so. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information, you may delete your account. We may retain your personal data for longer as required by law, contractual obligations, legitimate interest, or technical feasibility.
If you are subject to EU data protection law, we process your personal information based on one or more of the following legal bases: consent, performance of a contract, compliance with a legal obligation, protection of vital interests, performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority, and legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party (unless overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms).
We use personal information for various purposes, including providing and improving our service, administering your use of the service, recommending follow-up reminders and personalizing the service, providing software updates and announcements, ensuring legal compliance, and more.
We prioritize privacy and security. While no security measure can guarantee absolute protection, we regularly review and improve our policies to adapt to new challenges. We follow industry-standard practices to protect your information during transmission and storage.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement periodically. If there are material changes, we will provide notice and obtain consent, if required, before the changes become effective.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of personal data or wish to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The revised Privacy Statement ensures compliance with applicable data protection laws and addresses the concerns of our users. We value your privacy and strive to provide you with transparency and control over your personal information. If you have any questions or require further information, please don't hesitate to contact us.